The Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill are open daily at these times:
-from 2 January to 28 February 9.00 – 16.30
-from 1 to 26 March 9.00 – 17.30
-from 27 March to 31 August 9.00am – 7.15pm
-from 1 September to 30 September 9.00 – 19.00
-from 1 to 30 October 9.00 – 18.30
-from 31 October to 31 December 9.00 – 16.30
It is possible to enter the Colosseum only at the time chosen during the booking phase and it is suggested to be at the entrance 15 minutes before the chosen time.
The Colosseum is located close to 1 km southeast of Rome’s historic center and east of the well-known Roman Forum, a location you can easily reach via public transportation. The address of the Colosseum is (at the bottom of the page you can see the map of its location):
Piazza del Colosseo, 1, 00184 Rome RM, Italy.
You can get to the Colosseum with public transport by taking the metro or by bus as well.
– By Metro, you get on line B and get down on the stop “Colosseo”.
– By bus, you can use lines 51, 75, 81, 85, 87 and 118
– By Tram, you take line 3 and get down on the stop “Piazza del Colosseo”
– The entrance to the Colosseum is located at the “Sperone Valadier”, near the Arch of Constantine.
– It is forbidden to enter with large backpacks, bulky bags and luggage or trolley.
– You can enter with small or medium-sized bags, which will be opened and visually inspected by security personnel.
– Pets are not allowed
– Buy tickets in advance to ensure access.
– Wear comfortable shoes and clothes for the visit.
– Last admission is one hour before the Colosseum closes.